The hCG hormone present in the urine will bind to a colored detection antibody and then migrate along the strip of the MEDISUR eco-pregnancy self-test. Antibodies bound to the strips capture antibody-hCG complexes (positive) and detector alone (negative control).
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a glycoprotein hormone secreted by the developing placenta shortly after fertilization. During a normal pregnancy, the level of hCG is detectable in the urine as early as seven days after fertilization and doubles every 1.3 to 2 days. At the time of the last period that should have taken place, the urinary level of hCG is around 100 mIU/ml with peaks of 100,000 to 200,000 mIU/ml at the end of the first trimester. The presence of hCG from conception and the increase in its level at the start of gestational growth make it an ideal marker for the early detection of pregnancy.
PRINCIPLE OF THE EARLY PREGNANCY SELF-TEST
The early and ecological pregnancy self-test from MEDISUR is able to determine a pregnancy 10 days after the last sexual intercourse. In addition, this self-test is environmentally friendly. Respect for the baby and the environment is becoming more important.
OBJECTIVE OF THE TEST
This early and ecological pregnancy test detects a level greater than 12 IU/L of the chorionic gonadotropic hormone (hCG). Additionally, the MEDISUR Early Pregnancy Test is a do-it-yourself immunoassay kit for the qualitative measurement of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in urine for the purpose of early pregnancy detection by visual reading.
WHO TO RECOMMEND THE TEST TO
- To prevent the existence of a pregnancy.
- For people wishing to conceive, trigger a pregnancy.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
- Read the instructions for use carefully before carrying out this test. Mark the location of the C and T bands.
- Do not use the kit beyond its expiration date.
- Do not reuse kits. Dispose of the kit in the garbage after use.
- Do not use the kit if the packaging bag is damaged or opened.
- Do not touch the membrane on the strip.
- Once the packaging bag has been opened, proceed immediately to the test. Prolonged exposure to ambient humidity will deteriorate the product.
- Treat urine specimens and used kits as potentially infectious material. Avoid contact with the skin.
- If the test strip needs to be soaked in the urine sample, ensure that you have a clean container beforehand.
A MEDISUR early pregnancy test box contains:
- A test stick
- A desiccant (do not ingest)
- A foil packaging bag (including the above material)
- A manual
INTERPRETATION OF THE RESULT
Two distinct colored bands are visible: one in the control area, the other in the test area. In this case, the result indicates that a pregnancy has been detected. The color intensity of the test strips may vary during pregnancy.
Only one band of color is visible, that of the control zone and no band is visible in the test zone. In this case, it means that no pregnancy was detected.
No band is visible or only one red band appears (only in the test area). In this case, carry out a new test. If the test still gives an invalid result, contact the distributor. Obtain the batch number and expiry date beforehand.